MCI releases the 2016 results of SA’s biggest HR Recruitment trend survey
MCI Consultants, the largest distributor of HR Recruitment software in South Africa, today announced the results of its 2016 SA HR Recruitment trend survey that received 1388 responses from HR professionals from across the country and a cross section of organisation sizes. This is the fifth consecutive year that MCI Consultants have undertaken the running of this survey.
“2016 has seen yet another record response to this survey, once again making it the largest of its kind to be conducted in South Africa,” commented Rhett Davies, Partner at MCI. “The interest shown in this survey clearly indicates the value that HR professionals in SA gain from partaking in and receiving the results of this survey, leading them to obtain greater insight into industry trends and challenges.
Some of the highlights from the survey were as follows:
• Talent retention increased with the majority of companies reporting staff turnover of between 5-10%,
• 90% of organisations attempt to source and place candidates internally before approaching recruitment agencies;
• 64% of organisations have implemented a strategy to ensure that their recruitment process is POPI compliant;
• 69% of organisations use social media to recruit candidates; with LinkedIn being by far the most successful;
• 56% of organisations use a recruitment management system such as MCI’s Direct Hire system;
• Overall, recruitment agencies and internal referrals gave the best quality candidates; whilst print media gave the worst;
An infographic summarising the survey is shown below; however, the full results of the survey can be found at here
For further information, please contact Rhett Davies, MCI: tel 011 454-3420, fax 011 454-3417, e-mail email@example.com